About The Practice
We are a small, office-based, family medicine practice. It's located on the oceanside beach in Metchosin, British Columbia, which is one of the thirteen communities that compose Greater Victoria.
Free And Welcoming
- Free Medicare healthcare, with no 'executive health' buy-ins. Everyone deserves the same gold-plated healthcare.
- Open and safe to all peoples regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, culture or language.
- Fully accessible for people in wheelchairs, crutches, or walkers.
A Sense Of Place
- A modern, bright office in a pastoral beach acreage setting, to make visits positive experiences.
- Integrated growing of plant-based whole foods into the surroundings, promoting healthy eating choices.
- Located in the countryside on the edge of a major city, to allow quick access to services.
- Help people live healthier, so they need fewer future physician visits.
- Appointments availability kept to usually within one working day, via a right-sized patient panel.
- An appointment-only practice reduces patients' time in the waiting room.
Patient Affordability Through Lower Costs
- Running the practice in part of a home avoids maintaining separate buildings that are empty half of the day. Medical home, indeed!
- Electronic records allow cheaper patient copies, while avoiding maintaining warehouses of paper charts.
- Providing service closer to home minimizes patients' driving expenses and lost worktime, while promoting aging in place.
- Electronic charts instead of paper.
- Reduced carbon footprint by using: passive solar heating, high-efficiency heat, and ocean as moderating effect.
- Daylight for primary lighting, with LED light supplementation.
- Medical services of:
chronic disease management,
treatment of new issues,
pediatric anmd geriatric care,
palliative care co-ordination.
- Procedure services of:
removal and biopsy of concerning skin lesions,
suture and staple removal,
foreign body removal,
cryotherapy and electrocautery.
- Other services of:
notary public and