About The Practice
We are a small, office-based, family medicine practice. It's located on the oceanside beach in Metchosin, British Columbia, which is one of the thirteen communities that compose Greater Victoria.
Pineapples are a symbol of welcoming
Free And Welcoming
- Free Medicare healthcare, with no 'executive health' buy-ins. Everyone deserves the same gold-plated healthcare.
- Open and safe to all peoples regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, culture or language.
- Fully accessible for people in wheelchairs, crutches, or walkers.
Light-filled clinic rooms
A Sense Of Place
- A modern, bright office in a pastoral beach acreage setting, to make visits positive experiences.
- Integrated growing of plant-based whole foods into the surroundings, promoting healthy eating choices.
- Located in the countryside on the edge of a major city, to allow quick access to services.
Research at FMF conference
- A community teaching site for medical students at the University of British Columbia (UBC) / University of Victoria Island Medical Program, commencing autumn 2020.
- Dr. O'Connor is an examiner for standardized examinations such as the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination Part II.
- Regular research presentations at academic conferences such as the CFPC Family Medicine Forum (FMF).
Seniors in the outdoor waiting room
- Help people live healthier, so they need fewer future physician visits.
- Appointments availability kept to usually within one working day, via a right-sized patient panel.
- Visiting medical specialists here at the office minimizes patient travel.
- An appointment-only practice reduces patients' time in the waiting room. Providing service close to home minimizes missed work time, while promoting aging in place.
Sandy beach in front of the office
- Electronic charts instead of paper. Digital faxing. Telemedicine when appropriate.
- Reduced carbon footprint by using: passive solar heating, high-efficiency heat, and ocean as moderating effect.
- Daylight for primary lighting, with LED light supplementation.
Dr. O'Connor examining a newborn
- Medical services of:
chronic disease management,
treatment of new issues,
pediatric and geriatric care,
palliative care co-ordination.
- Procedure services of:
removal and biopsy of concerning skin lesions,
suture and staple removal,
foreign body removal,
cryotherapy and electrocautery.
- Other services of:
notary public and